At Ahtna Construction and Primary Products Company LLC (ACPPC) safety is a core value and we clearly communicate safe work expectations that are in alignment with and promote our Safety culture to protect our people, the public, and TAPS property. In this spirit, we also promote and encourage an Open Work Environment for all employees so there is a free and transparent exchange of issues and concerns regarding Safety without the fear of retribution of any kind.
We ask all employees to commit to the following Health & Safety principles and responsibilities that guide our culture:
- All occupational injuries and illnesses are preventable.
- Each of us has a personal responsibility for our own safety and the safety of others.
If we observe or know of any unsafe condition(s), we will appropriately and respectively intervene. If we cannot personally mitigate the unsafe condition(s), we will report it immediately. No business objective is so important that it will be pursued at the sacrifice of safety.
- Safe conduct is a condition of employment at Ahtna Construction and on TAPS facilities. Unsafe conduct or failure to immediately report injuries/incidents will be grounds for discipline up to and including termination of employment for Ahtna Construction employees.
- Safety is a core value at Ahtna Construction and must be an integral part of every task.
- Ahtna Construction should have the best safety performance in the industry
Ahtna Construction is the proud recipient of the 2011 Associated General Contractors of Alaska’s Excellence in Safety Award for 2011. Other awards include the 2010 Alyeska President’s Award for Excellence in Environment, Health, and Safety; the 2003 and 2004 Governor’s Safety Award of Excellence, and the 2006 AGC of Alaska’s Excellence in Construction Safety Award.